Drop a “dead”-plate my selecta!
Some things will never die, unfortunately humans are one of them (and same with vinyl). But fear not! Now And Vinyly will press a limited edition run of records after you die...and will lace the record with your ashes. Yep! that's right! you IN a record. So for the $3,000 package this is what you get...
Basic Package: Up to 30 Discs
Includes Standard R.I.V artwork with your name, d.o.b. & d.o.d. on cover & labels. The audio must be supplied by you. This can be music, a vocal recording or complete silence to let loved ones hear your pops & clicks and should be no more than 24 minutes.
1. Confirm with us your location and the viability of these services in your area
2. Identify a family member or a chosen representative who will accompany you (your ashes) to the pressing of your records
3. Establish audio and cover art content
4. Attend the mastering of your record
5. Receive playable proof sample of your record and cover
7. Get cremated
8. Your family member or chosen representative books and attends the sprinkling and pressing of your records
9. Your chosen recipients will be sent details of where to collect their copy of your personal record
10. Live on from beyond the groove
Please note that www.andvinyly.com accepts no responsibility for any copyright violations committed by material you supply.
I cant think of anything that could put more Fun into Funeral then having your friends throw you down on the wheels of steel and give'r. So if you or a loved one are die hard fanatics of records then this might be the perfect way to leave a lasting legacy once you're gone, that is until somebody leaves you in their record crate in the sun.
I know that this will be my tune of choice if I were ever to get pressed.
What track would you choose? (I wonder if they press Serato records too, hmm)